Good morning NAIA hoops fans! As you’re sipping on your coffee this morning let us catch you up on what is happening around the NAIA Hoops world!
- Coastal Georgia got themselves a win over NCAA D2 Savannah St. The Mariners have been playing some good basketball this season. They sit at 4-2 right now, with their only losses being against two NAIA DI Top 25 worthy teams. They are led by Austin Dukes (18.8ppg, 5.2rpg) , who is coming back off of season ending knee surgery last season.
- There are some really good classics this weekend, that will provide some really, really good matchups!
- The one I may be most excited about is the Lithia – Oregon Tech Classic. It does cost money to watch this one online, but with Southern Oregon, UC Merced, Antelope Valley, and Oregon Tech all playing, it may be worth your money to watch. Every game in the classic will be a good one.
- Waldorf (IA) managed to get Wayland Baptist and Hope International (CA) to join them and Bellevue (NE) this weekend. Always fun when you get teams to travel a long ways to come for matchups against one another!
- The Hoops for Hope Tourney will have Huntington (IN), Shawnee St. (OH), Grace (IN), Holy Family (WI) in it.
- Another intriguing classic to watch this weekend will be the St. Francis Classic in Indiana. St. Francis (IN), West Virginia Tech, East-West, and Taylor (IN) make up this field.
- There are plenty of other games this weekend, just wanted to highlight a few to get everyone excited for the weekend.
- Congrats to Keith Jordan Jr from Siena Heights, who joined the 1,000 point scoring club this week.
- We have our NAIA DI and DII Game of the Week features that will be out later today!
Follow us on Social Media