By Jake Pommerer
- The 22nd ranked Bellevue Bruins went 1-0 this week with a 81-69 victory over Avila. Jemeil King continues to impress as he led the way with 18 points. Two big games this week for the Bruins as they take on Hope International and the 3rd ranked team in NAIA D1 Wayland Baptist. The Bruins are currently 3-2.
- (RV) Dickinson State dropped both their contests this week. The Bluehawks fell to 16th ranked Jamestown 91-83 and then fell 76-60 to Montana State Northern. Montel Carlow scored 21 points in the loss to Jamestown, no stats were available for the Montana State Northern game. Dickinson State is 0-4 and are idle this week.
- Mayville State dropped their lone game this week to Mount Marty 85-77 in overtime. Rene Mendez had 19 points in the loss. The Comets are 4-2 and idle this week.
- The Viterbo V-Hawks went 1-2 this week. The V-Hawks picked up their first win of the season over Holy Family 79-50. The NSAA’s leading scorer Noah Fredrickson led Viterbo with 16 points. Fredrickson is averaging 16.75 PPG. Viterbo dropped their remaining two games this week to Dordt College 73-66 and to Northwestern 69-66. Viterbo is 1-3 and in action against three in-state NCAA D3 opponents this week.
- The Waldorf Warriors went 0-2 this week. The Warriors fell to Grandview in a tight contest 73-71. Demitruis Martin scored 18 points in the loss. Mount Mercy knocked off Waldorf 83-72. The Warriors are 1-4 and have two tough contests this week taking on (RV) Briar Cliff and 3rd ranked (D1) Wayland Baptist.
- Valley City State University dropped their lone game this week 84-73 to Mount Marty. Hunter Sand led the Vikings with 13 points off the bench. The Vikings at 0-6 will look to get into the win column when they host their rival 16th ranked Jamestown.
- The Dakota State Trojans went 1-1 this week. The Trojans lost to (RV) Briar Cliff 92-80 Josh McGreal led the Trojans with 21 points. Dakota State picked up their first win of the year by defeating Oak Hills Christian 83-61. Dakota State is 1-7 and take on Trinity Bible in their lone game this week.
- The Presentation College Saints picked up their first win of the year 90-40 over Oak Hills Christian. Jeremiah Jacques led the Saints with 33 points. PC dropped their second game of the week to (RV) Briar Cliff 112-71. The Saints are 1-5 and take on NCAA D2 University of Mary this week.
The Pommerer Power Rankings
- Bellevue- still the top team in the league, however big test this week with Wayland Baptist.
- Mayville- dropped a close contest this week we’ll see how they bounce back.
- Dickinson State- very athletic team with high upside, need to find some wins.
- Viterbo- Got into the win column this week. Play three good in-state D3 opponents this week.
- Waldorf- dropped both contests this week, still a wait and see team.
- T6. Dakota State- Played a fairly tough schedule to start year. They did pick up their first win, so let’s see if that sparks some momentum.
- T6. Presentation– Picked up their first win after a rough start to the season.
- T6. Valley City State- Have yet to see their first win in regular season, but have played a tough schedule. Big opportunity this week.
Games To Watch
Wednesday November 13th 7:30PM (CST)
#16 University of Jamestown @ Valley City State University
Two Schools separated by just 45 miles are the longest continuous rivalry in the state of North Dakota and maybe the NAIA. The Jimmies have won 4 of the last 5 meetings including one earlier this year. Do the Vikings have answer to one of the hottest freshmen in the country Mason Walters who is averaging a double-double.
Saturday November 16th, 2:00PM (CST)
#22 Bellevue vs #3 (D1) Wayland Baptist
Wayland is 3-0 and one of the best teams in NAIA D1. This will be a tough test for the Bruins and will help determine if they are at the top of the NSAA and if they are a major threat nationally.